An Indian water bearer had two large pots, each one hanging from the ends of a pole which he carried across his shoulders.

One of the pots had a crack in it, while the other was perfect and always returned a full amount of water.At the end of the long walk from the stream to the village, the cracked pot always arrived only half full. For two years, this went on daily, with the bearer delivering only one-and-a-half

pots of water to the village.

Of course the perfect pot was proud of its accomplishments, knowing that it always returned a full pot of water. The cracked pot, on the other hand, was ashamed of its imperfection, and miserable because it could only do half of what it made to do.

After two years, it finally found the nerve to speak to the Indian bearer, down by the stream.

"I'm ashamed of myself", the pot said, "and I want to appologize to you. I have been able to deliver only half the water because this crack in my side causes the water to leak out all the way to the village. Because of my flaw, you have to do more work, and you don't get the full value for your efforts."

The bearer replied, "Did you notice that there were beautiful flowers only on your side along the path to the village? That's because I have always known about your flaw, and I planted flower seeds on your side of the path. Every day we walk from the stream to the village, you've watered them.

For two years now, I have been able to pick these flowers and enjoy them with all the other villagers. Without you being just the way you are, there would be no beautiful flowers to brighten up our days."

Each of us has our own unique flaws. We are all cracked pots, but is is these cracks and flaws that make life interesting and rewarding. Accept people for what they are, look for the good

in each of them.

• Thanks 1

Maybe the "flawed" Indian could have turned the pole around every onther trip and gotten twice as many flowers! And yes, I've run into my share of "talking cracked pots" in my endeavors at work and in Scouting. Good story bubbaBear, ignore my sarcasm.