Who's got these Boy Scout Movies?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#61 fgoodwin

fgoodwin

• Members
  • 1789 posts

Posted 01 April 2017 - 04:48 PM

Scout's Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse (2015)

http://www.imdb.com/...727776/combined

is a good movie that is unfortunately rated R for violence, language, and nudity.  It paints Scouting in a positive light, despite the obligatory swipes about it being for nerds, etc.

#62 fgoodwin

fgoodwin

• Members
  • 1789 posts

Posted 15 September 2017 - 08:53 PM

It (1990}

The 1986 Stephen King horror novel was filmed as a miniseries in 1990.  I've never read the book, and I didn't see the original miniseries, but the DVD (and I assume both the book and original miniseries) has a character named Richie Tozier, identified by Wikipedia as a "Jewish Boy Scout".

I noticed the uniform Richie wears in his first few scenes appears to be a very faithful version of the Boy Scout uniform, which got me to wondering if it was in fact, an authentic BSA (albeit 1960 vintage) uniform.  Did BSA cooperate in the production of this film? I didn't notice a mention of BSA in the closing credits but I may have missed it.

#63 SSScout

SSScout

• Members
  • 4057 posts

Posted 01 November 2017 - 04:35 PM

Yes, movies.... I have seen, and bought Troop 491, the Muddy Lions.  I thought very good. Inner city kids find their way thru Scouts...

AND,, try The Sultan and the Saint,   based on true events... ..

#64 cchoat

cchoat

District Commissioner

• Members
  • 116 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 10:56 AM

Just added a copy of "Mr. Scoutmaster" staring Clifton Webb to my collection along side "Follow Me Boys"... Next addition will be "Moonlight Kingdom" Not boy scouts, but a good movie that we showed during a staff workup weekend for a Wood Badge course I staffed.

Edited by cchoat, 06 November 2017 - 11:01 AM.

"Let not the uniform police get you down."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users