OA flap patch on a Cubmaster uniform?

I am a Cubmaster for my younger boy's pack and very active in the Boy Scout troop where my older boy is Star. Much to my surprise, our troop elected me to OA and I completed the ordeal this spring. Being new to the OA, is it allowed to also wear the OA flap patch on my Cubmaster uniform? Currently I have a uniform that I wear as a committee member of the troop on which I wear my OA patch.

I worn it when I was a Webelos den leader. Our present lodge advisor was Cubmaster when he was a chapter advisor as right now one of the chapter advisor is a cubmaster. All wear and wore their flaps. The worse part of the present cubmaster above, is he worked on camp staff with my son and is a year younger. I feel so old.

The benifit of wearing it and your Arrow of Light, Eagle, and Religious award knots are the chances you get to tell the Cubs about the fun you have and had in Boy Scouting. A great way to get them pumped up.

If you have been elected to OA and completed the ordeal, you wear the pocket ribbon arrow (aka, "pocket rocket"). The lodge flap is worn to identify the lodge where you are a current dues-paying member. If you are not a current member of a lodge, you do not wear a flap. I was elected as a youth, and proudly wore my flap through Explorers, Den Leader, Cubmaster, etc.

There is nothing in the Uniform and Insignia Guide nor any other BSA publication that I can find that prohibits the wear of an OA lodge flap on the uniform of any adult Scouer who earned and was properly inducted into the OA (which means that they had to be registered in a Boy Scout program) and are members of an OA loge in good standing (Dues paid up).

We checked in our council about this same issue for adults and male Venturing Scouts who achieved OA membership through Boy Scouts for wear on the official Venturing uniform. It was ok. I wear my lodge flap on both by Boy Scout and Venturing uniform shirt pocket flap.

• 1 month later...

I have been a Cubmaster twice and each time I wore my Brotherhood Flap on my uniform.

Also when the OA did our Arrow of Light and Cross over Ceremony I wore my Sash.

It allowed me to explain what the OA was and hopefully turn some new scouts on to the OA.

Go for it.