New member from Texas

I am a new member, I have over 11 years scouting experience. Mostly as a boy but the last year and a half as the Cubmaster here in Childress Tx. Got my Boys involved and they did not have anyone running the program.

My Grandfather was involved for over 60 years and my father for over 30 years.

Howdy, Pardner! Welcome to the campfire! Grab a cuppa joe and pull up a log! We're a friendly bunch, mostly, but we ARE opinionated! Just keep a thick skin and remember we're all here for the same reason...the boys (and Venturers). There are a few youth here too, so we try hard to behave.

Texas o Texas all hale the mighty State. The eyes of Texas are upon you. We try to make everyone feel at home when they enter. So, it is important to learn all of the state songs before you go any further. You also have to learn the state birds and flowers. Just kidding. All you have to do is have a sense of humor.

Fuzzy Bear

Fred-

Nice use of the word 'inhales'. I've heard the phrase a little differently!

Attention, attention, this just in from ole' Baden-Powell himself, (thru a seance of course) "Eagle patrol to change name to LONGHORN patrol..."

bd

• 2 weeks later...

Hey I think I know this Fred guy. Man ya'll better be careful. He can be trouble. Just kidding, you know I love you honey! (I'm his wife whom he talked into taking over one of his dens. Boy is he ever pursuasive!!) And as for being Texas proud, doesn't everybody wish they were from Texas??

quote from Colby on Survivor the T.V. reality show

"When I wake up each morning, I thank God for 2 things, one that I'm alive and two that I'm a Texan!!!"

Thanking God that I'm a Native Texan,

Carol