New member introduction

Hi. My name is Elizabeth and I'm a troop committee member for Troop 111, Lansing, Michigan. I'm secretary and membership coordinator, and my husband is going to be the new treasurer come fall. My oldest son, Matt, is a Star Scout, newly elected to OA, and ASPL for the troop. My youngest son, Greg, is a Wolf Scout. I also have two other kids, Christopher (Scouting's not his thing), and Cathy (who is only a toddler, but probably a future Girl Scout).

I was a Girl Scout, and my older brother and uncle are both Eagle Scouts. My husband is a Life Scout, but didn't quite make it to Eagle (I think he was one merit badge short, for which he could kick himself now). He was a District Executive for the Hoosier Trails Council in southern Indiana for about a year when we were engaged, lo these many years ago, but until he got suckered (oh, I'm sorry, recruited) to be troop treasurer, he hasn't been terribly involved in the boys' Scouting activities. I've been the Scout mom from Tiger on up--except for Pinewood Derby, which Dad participated in with Matt and now Greg.

I've been lurking on the forums for a while--lots of good information. I'm hoping to learn lots and also contribute.

Elizabeth

Starwolfmom,

Welcome to the forum. I had the privlege of meeting some scouts from Troop 111 at Camp Rotary in 1999. Great bunch of kids. I'm from up the road apiece in the Middle of the Mitten. Straight up US 127. My nephew is in a troop in Grand Ledge.

Again, welcome.

Dancinfox

Starwolfmom,

Tell your husband that the secret to a full life does not revolve arond that one missed opportunity. In Scouting, there are bucket fulls of opportunities that are availble to him. They generally involve only one hour a week.

We are glad to have you out from the shawdows.

Fuzzy Bear