Assistant Den Leader/Fundraising Chair

Hello All:

I wanted to introduce myself and say how happy I am to have found this site! How I've missed it before is beyond me!

I'm a Proud Mom of an 8 year old who just completed his cross-over ceremony to Bear. Our family just began Scouting this school year, and now we're all into it whole-heartedly! My husband began as Den Leader for our son's Den. Now he is not only the Den Leader but also Assistant CubMaster, Unit Commissioner, and a couple more titles I can't remember right now. I became his Assistant Den Leader and volunteered to be the Fundraising Chair because so many people in our Pack have become complacent and were allowing the CubMaster and one or two others do everything. I'm sure no one else has had that problem, eh?

I am disabled due to MS, and have been since 1999. So, even though I can't do as much as I'd like to with the boys, I help a lot behind the scenes with paperwork, planning, etc.

We moved from NC to Fl due to hardship last June and are close to my inlaws, which has been helpful. Also, being closer to sea level has helped my condition.

So, that's me in a nutshell. I look forward to interacting with you.

Doing My Best,

Deb

Hi and a very warm welcome to the forums.

As you may have seen already, we have a very diverse group who at times allow their feelings on a subject cloud the fact that a Scout is Kind.Still at the end of the day most of those who post here have the good of our youth at heart.

Eamonn

Thank you for the kind welcome! I think it's very easy to allow ourselves to be distracted and our minds clouded with other issues; there are so many to be considered in Scouting. But, we all have the best interests of our children at heart or we wouldn't be involved.

I hope to gain a lot of knowledge, suggestions, and advice to "Help the Pack Go"!

As a matter of fact, I've posted a plea regarding our summer day camp already!!

Thanks again,

Deb

• 3 months later...