• 17 posts

Posted 19 November 2009 - 04:39 PM

OWLS! Outstanding Wilderness Leaders! HOO HOO HOO HOO. Sam SR-1002

#22 dg98adams

dg98adams

• Members
  • 726 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 08:09 AM

I was a WB TG this summer and they used "Da Bears" and "don't forget to feed the bears". Went so far as to leave a "pik-a-nic basket" at the door to the dining hall. When I was a participant of of WB my patrol was the Buffalos, and we had a couple. Buffalos come in 2 sizes, "Dig" and "Deal with it". The other was "a deep gutteral barking sound while we made horns with our hands".

#23 Frank17

Frank17

• Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 09:11 AM

HOOT, HOOT, HOOT! HOOT, HOOT, HOOOOT! Sorry, but the coffee had not kicked in yet when we came up with it.

#24 mikeknr

mikeknr

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 14 December 2009 - 11:41 AM

The Fox petrol yell as thus: C-36-09 'We Are Foxes!! WATCH YOUR STUFF!!!!!...' ...at the top of our lungs, produced a nic weird echo in the northern Ohio woods. We'd embraced the true nature of the Fox, the king of the scavengers. Another thing.....anytime the Bobwhites said ANYTHING, we'd yell in unison - 'BITESIZE!!!!'

#25 le Voyageur

le Voyageur

• Members
  • 1155 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 03:23 AM

Shangani Patrol (1971), sorry, but this old coot can't remember the yell. But do recall the faux Brit accent for what ever it was...

#26 GKlose

GKlose

• Members
  • 958 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:54 AM

In our course (NE-I-267), there were a couple of good ones: the Buffalo patrol would yell "Tatonka!". The also had some song lyrics they would chant, but I can't quote them. The "off the wall" one that I liked was the Fox patrol, who would yell "Friends of Xylophones - yip, yip, yip, yip!" (it took us awhile to catch on, but Friends of Xylophones = FoX). My patrol's yell never caught on: we'd yell...Owls. Who? Owls. Who? Owls. Who?

#27 JMBadger

JMBadger

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 08:52 PM

We were the Orgulous Owls. "Don't mess with us, we are the Owls! Other patrols throw in the towels!" Well, it rhymed anyway. And any time we heard the word "owl" we'd start hooting softly, "hoot? hoot?"

#28 SSScout

SSScout

• Members
  • 3938 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 09:39 PM

Owl be seeing you In owl the old familiar places That these beads of mine embraces Owl day through... In an Eagle's snack, A Beaver's tail that some may lack; The Bobwhite flock; The Kudu's horn; The Weather Rock.... Owl be seeing you In every lovely P L C; With every thing B P might say. Owl always think of you that way... Owl find you When the Foxes run And when the night is new... Owl be sitting at campfire, But owl be seeing you...... Owl be seeing you In every lovely Buffaloe; In every little Bear's big toe, Owl always think of Webelo, Owl find you With the Antelopes And not with the Gnu... Owl be looking at the moon, But owl be seeing you............ ((with apoligies to Sammy Fain and Irving Kahal , really)) (This message has been edited by SSScout)

#29 oldisnewagain1

oldisnewagain1

Browncoat

• Members
  • 220 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:28 PM

Although it's a bit hard to explain, After the game show, your patrol yell became... (done on our knees' in our best munchkin voices) "Follow the yellow brick road, follow the yellow road..." NE-II-192 BEARS

#30 Scouting4Ever

Scouting4Ever

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 09:45 PM

FOXES ROCK!

#31 Tokala

Tokala

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:19 AM

I don't recall if we had a patrol yell since it's over 20 years ago. However, when the staff did roll call and asked if the Bobwhite patrol was present we would respond: "That's Mr. Bob White to you!"

#32 CHLees3rd

CHLees3rd

• Members
  • 91 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:38 PM

CHOMP! CHOMP! TIMBERRRRR! Chazz Lees I used to be a Beaver...twice NE-I-158 & NE-I-258

#33 OwntheNight

OwntheNight

• Members
  • 282 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 09:01 AM

We tried to come up with a different cheer every day, just to throw people off. Being first does have it's advantages and disadvantages as well. BEAVERS,WE DO GIVE A DAM! I feel the need, the need for trees! Beaver Fever, Beaver Fever, Beaver Fever! BEAVERS, We're not really Pirates! (Guess which game this was after :) ) Ward? Can you speak to the Beaver? Always a Beaver! Ron SR999 571-90

#34 Exibar

Exibar

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:14 PM

My Buffalo patrol yell was: "Yabba-Dabba-Doo" which was first heard by our ancestors back in a little town called Bedrock in Bowling allies and Lodge halls. Our Buffalo roots go way back to the original "Loyal order of the Water Buffalos". Today we've shortened our name to "Buffalo Patrol" and our yell is in honor of one of the original members of that Lodge! :-) Mike B I used to be a Buffalo

#35 EagleSandy

EagleSandy

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 04:23 PM

Ours was: EAGLES RULE: The rest are just lunch! My husband was in the Beaver patrol and whenever we would see their patrol we would yell "Snack!"

#36 mdlscouting

mdlscouting

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:09 PM

We had a Yell and Response type thing. Leader: Bear Patrol! Patrol: BEAR PATROL! Leader: Number One in the Troop! Patrol: Number Two in the Woods!

#37 qwazse

qwazse

• Members
  • 6220 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

Crows, who you gonna caw?

#38 Twocubdad

Twocubdad

• Members
  • 4462 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 10:48 PM

If you will recall, Antelopes come last in "Wood Badge order." Our Antelope Patrol had a slogan, "Antelopes Lead From Behind." The first draft of our cheer was "OUR VIEW SUCKS!" We of course ultimately adopted something else, not nearly a good as that.

#39 bigbovine

bigbovine

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:58 PM

"Foxes in Soxes" was one. As I think of the others (If I can remember them we had 2 more) I will post them. My favorite thing we did though was when I brought a Fox Tail to our second weekend (Ours went over 2 weekends spread a month apart). I attached it to my backside and hid it till we sang our song, when we sang the part were we were tired of Foxin and we could Fox no more, I jumped out and swung my backside around and shook it. That got the guy with the Buffalo hat charging me across the way. Talking about a laugh. We also used the "Tastes like chicken", but only on the Owls, Eagles, and Bobwhites.

#40 BobWhiteVA

BobWhiteVA

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

we chirped, flapped our arms, and flew around. Also yelled "the other white meat"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq