Woodbadge Patrol Yells

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 cajuncody

cajuncody

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 09:26 AM

How about if we all share our patrol yell/cheer. Just for the fun of it. Here is my Eagle Patrol cheer. "The Eagles are Coming, The Eagles are Coming . . .AHHHHHHHHHH!" The AHHHHH was done while we "tracked" the eagles across the sky with our hands like we were pointing to them. Kinda like from the Lord of the Rings. Once we also borrowed an Eagle yell from a patrol totem that was given to us by a fellow Eagle "Eagles Aye, Flying High!" Lets all share, who is next? Kristi I used to be an Eagle SR-725

#2 evmori

evmori

• Members
  • 9930 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 10:08 AM

"I'm a talon you, we're the Eagles!" NE-V-120 Ed Mori Troop 1 1 Peter 4:10

#3 SR540Beaver

SR540Beaver

Moderator and all around good guy

• Moderators
  • 4247 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 10:11 AM

The SR-540 Beavers used four different yells. Our official yell is "chew or die". Our unofficial yells during the course were, "Ward, I'm worried about the Beaver", "good morning Miss Landers" and "gee Wally".

#4 John-in-KC

John-in-KC

Moderator and nice guy

• Moderators
  • 6747 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 12:49 PM

We have two. Long: We are the WISE OWLS!! HootHoot! Short: Hoot! ... HOOTOWLS!!!! Oh, and we had a counter-yell to anybody elses: CRITTER!!! TASTES LIKE CHICKKKKKENNNNNN!!! John A Good Old Owl Too C-40-05(This message has been edited by John-in-KC)

#5 dkurtenbach

dkurtenbach

• Members
  • 296 posts

Posted 07 July 2006 - 02:45 PM

[Sung to the tune of the song from the Disney movie:] Bom, bom, bom, BEAR necessities! The simple BEAR necessities!

#6 cajuncody

cajuncody

• Members
  • 401 posts

Posted 17 July 2006 - 09:33 PM

You always hear about the secrecy of Wood Badge Tickets. I say that is not true. If you post here about tickets you get many many responses. Now if you ask about patrol yells you only hear from 4 others. I think the true secrecy in WoodBAdge is in the patrol yells. Come on everyone, lets hear it!! Kristi I used to be an Eagle now I am waiting for my beads. SR-725

#7 tcherven

tcherven

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 07:04 AM

Our main yell was "Sly as a FOX can't keep us in a box. Yippee, Yippee." We also called ourselves the Foxes that Rockses. Tom C-44-06 Fox Patrol

#8 OldGreyEagle

OldGreyEagle

Super Moderator

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 08:17 AM

I am a member of the NE-IV-139, "Da Minsi Bears" we had as our song: Bear down, Da Minsi Bears Make every day a step to victory Bear down, Da Minsi Bears We will never forget Gilwell Park and its history We will never forget our fascination With coping with all the information Bear down, Da Minsi Bears Let them know you are wearing the crown Our pride and joy though others we annoy Da Minsi Bears, Bear Down!!! (which is even better if you know the tune of the fight song of a certain midwestern NFL team from a certain city on the shores of a certain great lake) our cheer is done as follows: Standing at attention the patrol member says in a loud voice "OH", then turns head to the right and facing down mumbles "bother"

#9 SueM

SueM

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 18 July 2006 - 09:06 PM

We didn't have a patrol "yell" per se...we clapped our hands everytime someone said "Beavers"..we were SO in tune to it though that by lunch on our 2nd day, our SPL was saying "that patrol who's name starts with a "B" because he was afraid to say Beaver again!! We had a patrol motto though.."with the smack of a tail" Sue M.

#10 t158sm

t158sm

• Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 19 July 2006 - 04:49 PM

Oh, what wonderful memories. Ours was: Some are old, and some are bold but wood badge owls are good as gold. Since two of my fellow owls were deaf the yell wasn't yelled at all, it was done in sign language. SR - 33 1994 Comer Scout Reservation

#11 Vicki

Vicki

• Members
  • 894 posts

Posted 21 July 2006 - 12:03 PM

Go Bears Go! Go Bears Go! We're Gilwell's best, we're up to the test, Go Bears Go! Vicki C-12-04 The Energetic Eight-Clawed Bears

#12 Cheerful Eagle

Cheerful Eagle

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 23 July 2006 - 12:20 PM

My favorite from this spring's course was the Antelope Patrol's: "Home, home on the range. Where the deer and the antelope -- HEADLIGHT!!" (Accompanied by a sudden frozen cringe) They varied the intro, but always ended with "HEADLIGHT!". Had us all in stiches. I used to be a staffer, a good old staffer too. Diane, Troop guide WE3-55-06

#13 Aardvark

Aardvark

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 July 2006 - 04:05 PM

...we clapped our hands everytime someone said "Beavers".. Similar thing with us; we'd slap our leg with open hand. We thought about using "DAm It!" as our yell, but figured that was a tad un-Scoutlike. We made "Buckey Beaver Teeth" from styrofoam and would wear them whenever we could. The flagstaff on the Bobwhite flag mysteriously had "Beaver Chew Marks" on it... Bobwhites would yell "Covey Up!" whenever the Foxes were about.

#14 Trevorum

Trevorum

Mod-R8R

• Moderators
  • 3017 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 08:17 AM

(sung in 3 part harmony, to the tune of "Barbara Ann") Bob-Bob-Bob, Bob-Bob-a-White, Bob-Bob-Bob, Bob-Bob-a-White, Rockin and a rollin, Rockin and a reelin Bob-a-White, Bob-Bob, Bob-Bob-a-White!

#15 scoutmom111

scoutmom111

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 10:44 PM

I'm a Charmin Bear Our yell is "Please don't squeeze the Charmin" We have 2 songs: The first is: I used to be a bear And a mean old bear too Ive eaten me an Eagle, a Fox and beaver stew. Im getting rather hungry And I dont know what to do So Im going to catch a staffer if I can Back to dinner, Frying pan Im going to catch a staffer if I can and the second is: Charmin Bears sung to Bear Necessities Look for the Charmin Bears The woodbadge Charmin Bears We belong to Gilwell troop 1 We are the Charming bears The Love to sing and dancing bears We have the spirit to be # 1.

#16 SueM

SueM

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:28 PM

Aardvark, We (the Beaver patrol) were the program patrol between weekends so we had "custody" of the program patrol logs. We decided it would be really funny if we made mini versions of them using just regular thread and 2 "logs" made from a skewer pieces. I was the patrol leader so the first morning back on the second weekend, when we were to return the program patrol symbols..we hid the real ones and when I walked up to the SPL to give the symbol back, I carefully handed him the mini version and said " Well..you know if you let Beaver's alone with a log for 3 weeks...they're going to get HUNGRY!" and everyone cracked up about it!

#17 Eagle76

Eagle76

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:48 PM

We have several yells, but I think I'll share our marching song. The staff seems to like it that we sing it wherever we go. You all know the tune, and I'm sure you can guess my patrol. The Bears went over the mountain, the Bears went over the mountain, the Bears went over the mountain, to see what they could see. To see what they could see, to see what they could see. The Bears went over the moutain, so see what they could see. They saw another mountain, they saw another mountain, they saw another mountain, and what do you think they did? What do you think they did? What do you think they did? They saw another mountain, and what do you think they did? They climbed another mountain, they climbed another mountain, they climbed another mountain, and where do you think they were? Where do you think they were? Where do you think they were? They climbed another mountain, and where do you think they were? Wood Badge! Grrr!

#18 purcelce

purcelce

• Members
  • 608 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 08:06 PM

My Squawking Boisterous BW patrol uses the Bob-bob-bob-bob a white song. Our yell is "WhooooHoooo...SQUAWK" The best yell is from the Beligeriant Bi-polar Bears. "Who are we? Da Bears! Are we bi-polar? Yes we are No we're not...Yes we are...no we're not. The Bears changed their name on day three in the interest of being caring to other troop members.

#19 ladybug01

ladybug01

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 09:24 PM

Our Owl patrol chants this sort of "Who Let the Dogs Out?" style: Whoo are the Wise Owls? Whoo, Whoo, Whoo-Whoo? WE are the Wise Owls! Whoo, Whoo, Whoo-Whoo! And we hold our hands up to form "Owl glasses", circle both thumbs and index fingers around eyes with other fingers spread out owl-feather style. And anytime our patrol name is mentioned, we quickly respond in unison "WHO?!?" Ladybug I am an Owl, a Wise Owl! NE-IV-187

#20 m-mckai1

m-mckai1

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 01 November 2009 - 08:06 AM

member of bear patrol c-10-08 bears top of the food chain

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq