I know there have been other discussions about where a beading ceremony should/shouldn't take place but I would like to present a specific and get your feedback.

I am a District Commissioner. My ticket was developed around this position (actually ADC because that's what I was at the time). Now I'm nearing the completion and getting ready to work on my beading ceremony. I know others will do the ceremony but it is up to me where it is held. Any suggestions? We are done with Roundtables for the summer (plus I don't consider it a good venue for a variety of reasons too lengthy to get into here).

I am involved with a troop and certainly want to include them in my ceremony but I don't want it to become a troop function. I am also the program director for our district day camp.

So any suggestions of a good venue for my beading ceremony? All the people who will be presenting the actual program are about an hours drive away so the logistics will have to be handled primarily by me. I am the first district person to get the Wood Badge beads in recent history (if at all) so I really have no one to turn to locally.

Thanks for your insight and input.

If you are involved with a troop, how about having it at Summer Camp. You could have a ceremony at the troop's campsite, or I've seen it during lunch or dinner at camp. Does not interfere with the troops regulare ceremonies and still lets the scouts see what it means.

Dancin

Actually Roundtable isn't an option unless I want to wait until September (which I don't).

One idea I'm batting around in my head is doing it sometime during the week of day camp. I just don't know exactly how to work it out since all of us workers will be exhausted at the end of each day. It just seemed like the location would be good.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Advance on

Congrats on earning your Wood Badge training recognition. Since the Roundtable has adjourned for the summer, how about inviting dome family friends and scout friends to a local park for a picnic and recieve your beads there. I think getting them in front of your fellow scouters would be an appropriate and meaningful moment for you, and could be a motivation to some of your scouting friends to attend WB. Who knows when a family member, co-worker or neighbor who attends sees the depth of your committment and the fun that you have they might join scouting as well.

Best wishes,

Bob White