Who's signature on my certificate?

I recently received my beads and noticed that the signature on my certificate is not Roy Williams. The Chief Scout Executive signature is very hard to read, but the first name looks like it starts with a "J". The last might start with "Sh" and it has an "i" in it. I know that's not much, but does anyone have an idea who signed my certificate, and why it wasn't Mr. Williams?

It sounds like you may have received an older certificate. It may be Jerre (pronounced Jerry) Ratcliff's signature. He was Chief Scout Executive, I believe from 1992 to 2001. He was a good guy.

DS

Robby,

If you would like I can get the National number of the certificate for you. On the course last year the Course Director had me scan the certificate and produce them off my computer and printer. I set it up in an Microsoft Publisher format and put the name, course number and date the beads were presented. I was a Troop Guide on that course and I even went so far as to buy oak frames for each participant receiving their beads and framed their certificates. I think that looks better than just handing them a certificate. If your course director would like the Publisher file, I can attach it and email it to you or her.

Dancin