It was a long winding road but it was FUN. I received my WoodBadge Beads at our District Banquet last Saturday. Our district didn't get my packet in time for the banquet so my friend (He's also our Dist. Commish) decided, without me knowing, to have a spontaneous beading ceremony during the award ceremony. That was the BEST ceremony that I had, short, simple, and to the point,

It felt really good to finally finish. But this is not the end, it's the beggining of a new adventure. I looking forward to serving on staff.

I used to be a Bob White

a good ole' Bob White too.

Matua

Yes, it must have been a bittersweet moment. To earn your beads must have been wonderful but tempered with the fact that you will forever be branded as a bobwhite must have struck straight to the heart.

I use to be a bear and a good ole bear too ...(This message has been edited by acco40)

Heck, I'm just getting registered as a leader. New Leader Training this week and Leader Specific next week. Some other training during the summer and if I don't have work committments......Wood Badge in September!!! WOOHOO!!!

Our Council, is the host Council for our Wood Badge cluster course, which is to be held in September and October, this year. With myself as the Scoutmaster.

This week we managed to get past the magic number, and now have enough deposits paid, that it really looks as if this is going to happen.

I don't think that I have been as happy since the birth of my son.

Of course the Big thing now is to ensure that in approx 28 months time, there will be a whole lot of people who are just as thrilled as you are now.

Over the years, I have got a lot out of Wood Badge, met a great number of really great people, and had more fun then you can swing a stick at.

Everytime, I put my beads over my head, I think back to those times. And just as someone once told me to smile before answering the phone, taking that little bit of time, does empower me to go out and really play this game.

Eamonn