Blue and Gold

I am looking for some ideas for the Blue and Gold Banquet. I would like something for the boys to make as centerpieces. I am new to scouting and have a group of tiger cubs. Would someone please show me where to get some great ideas?

Thank you,

Traci

First, you might want to go along with the "Theme" being used at the Banquest - if there is one.

If there is no Theme, you might want to go along with the IDEA that the Blue and Gold Banquet is a Birthday Party for Scouting - celebrating the anniversery of Scouting in the USA. Birthday parties are always easy decorating - with the Cub Scouts making the Center Piece fortheir table, place mats for every member of the family, and name plates.

Good luck! As we say, "Keep it simple/make it fun!".

There are as many ways to make a B & G banquet special as there are Scouters, so don't feel that what you want to do is substandard. Get a committee together and let the creative juices flow.

We have a large Pack, (80+ Scouts), and our B & G banquet acts as our honor's banquet where the Scouts receive their next rank badge, even if they earned it earlier. We felt it would be more of an honor if received here. I have utilized a number of different sources to create ceremonies for each rank advancement that fits our Pack and my thought process, and we always get lots of compliments.

Sometimes, we will have a guest speaker who will speak for 5-10 minutes.

We hold our B & G on or very near Scout Sunday in February, and it always includes the Arrow of Light ceremony and Webelos-to-Boy Scout crossover as well. This part of the program is the featured event and is ALWAYS special.

We've usually had the B & G at a restaurant. This year, we're in our high school commons, and catering in pizza, milk and birthday cake (birthday of Scouting). There are tons of different ways to do it.

Every B & G that you do gets easier. Don't be afraid to create something that's never been done before. Just remember to utilize lots of people before, during and after the ceremony, and, by all means, makes the boys feel special for earning their awards. You'll forever remember the smiles they give you.

• 1 month later...

if not tolate we did a simple project we had the kid take ordinary food cans and turn them into tealight candles. what we did was freeze water inside and then had the boys punch a design into the can painted them blue and added gold ribbon aound them to finish them off also you mught check out this website www.craftforkids.com they have some nice ideas are 1st year webelos made yarn bugs in blue and yellow to represent the scout colors.