Humorous Camp Announcements

It is the tradition of the camp I am headed to next week to allow humorous, or nearly so, announcements. Here are a selection of old standards:

The first meeting of the Procrastination merit badge has been postponed til Wednesday,

Scouts taking the Existentialism merit badge are urged not to look to others for help

The Camps Literary Guild will hold its' weekly discussion on Friday, this weeks topic, "Lord of the Flies, Myth or Plausible". The discussion will start at 1:30pm, come to the Fire Circle and turn left at the stave with the pigs head stuck on it.

I am looking for fresh ideas, anyone?

OGE, at my camp one Scouter every year without fail would ask the crowd if anyone wanted to know last nights baseball scores. Of course, everyone did. So he would give the scores " 4 to 2, 7 to 1, 5 to 0," and so on. He used real scores but did not mention teams. This was done after each breakfast, and by wednesday morn the groans went up. But I always got a kick out of it, especially as I got older.

My mistake: We sold our cow.

That's the only one that is not at the link above, so...

We sold our Cow....

We sold our Cow...

We have no use...

For your bull now...

BTW, thanks to scotteng. I printed those off and am passing them to Eagle Staff son :) .

The leaders in the Troop in the next campsite from ours got up every morning & did a terrible rendition of "Oh What A Beautiful Morning". Much better than a bugle call!

Ed Mori

1 Peter 4:10

OGE and Fellow Scouters,

Greetings!

One Summer I served a few weeks as the Camp Commissioner (and Deputy Program Director).

During our morning general assembly, there we a lot of short jokes and wisecracks.

We often would have Scouts receive mail thru out the week. Parents would usually send a post card or letter to arrive on Wednesday to say, keep up the good work, we miss you, etc.

While not quite the same as an Announcement. We did have "MAILCALL"

We usually received mail about 7:30 a.m., in our country roadside mailbox on the Postman's route. So we would conduct "MAILCALL!" during morning assembly and flag ceremony.

One summer, we had one teenage handsome looking SPL, about 17 years old. This young man apparently had a big family, and probably a few girl friends. In addition to a hand full of mail every day (of their Troop's six day week). He would receive at least one box each day. On Thursday, he received a record five boxes "CARE packages" in the mail.

The Staff would usually read the names of the girls sending the mail, occasionally sniffing the perfume that was sprayed on the envelope. The campers would ooooooh and aaaaaah, and laugh as we read off names of who sent the mail to this young man. Names like, Tiffany, Angel, Candy, Brooke, Ashley, Bubbles, whoooops Barbie.

If this SPL didn't have that many girlfriends, he definitely had a mother and sisters with a hilarious sense of humor.

Well, on Thursday, with all his boxes and mail, beyond what all the other fellow Scouts had received. We placed his in a wheelbarrow. As we were concluding the fun festivities of morning assembly and wrapping up the "mail call". Our smallest staff wheeled out the big wheelbarrow in front of the assembly to this older Scout.

The Camp had a big laugh for a while that morning.

Scouting Forever and Venture On!

Crew21 Adv

I always got a giggle out of "Gravity Check!"

Gravity Check:

Someone runs up on the stage and jumps up and down while yelling

"GRAAAAVITY CHECK!"

Then runs off stage with everyone giggling at them