Where did you go to summer camp?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wente Scout Reservation, Willits California

Surprised not to see this one on the list....   Camp Raven Knob - Mt Airy, NC (1982-1986)     I sure do miss summer camp...

I second Raven Knob. Ours is a farely new Troop, 3 years. We had always vowed to go to a different camp each year. After Raven Knob we broke that vow and are going back next year. Great camp, great st

• 7 months later...

As a youth : Northwoods Scout Reservation Lupton, MI

As a adult : Northwoods Scout Reservation Lupton, MI

94 staff

back again in 04 through ??

AHH the memories, glad to be back as Program Dir. helps me remember how much fun I had when I see the smiles on the scouts faces each summer

Camp Pioneer Trails in former Northern Indiana Council - sold/closed a few years after my summer experience in 1972.

Fast forward to present at Camp Tamarack, LaSalle Council - Deja vu all over again! I walked into the dining hall and all those memories of summer camp at Pioneer Trails came back. I realized I must of lost my mind!! Found out much later the two camps had identical dining halls!!

As a Scout went to Owasippe in Whitehall, MI. I am sad to see that the CAC is trying to sell it. The camp was seperated into different campsite areas. Our troop always stayed in Wolverine South. We had a lot of fun razzing those yankees from Wolverine North.

Presently, the troop I am with attends Camp Lefeber in Laona, Wi. I can't make it this year. This too makes me sad.

Bert Adams Scout Reservation - Camper 72-75 Atlanta, Ga

Bert Adams Scout Reservation - Staffer 76-77 Atlanta Ga

Florida Sea Base Camper 78-79 Marthon Key, Fla

Philmont Scout Reservation Camper - 75 Cimmaron, NM

Camp Durant - Day Camp, Staffer 02-03 Sanford, NC

Camp Durant - Day Camp this coming June with my Webelo!

As a youth I attended Camp Parsons on Hood Canal in Washington. That was back in the 70s. It seems I may have done some activities at Camp Brinkley or Omache too like my OA Ordeal.

Last summer I took my Webelos son to R-C Scout Ranch near Payson, AZ. I was there for a week for Wood Badge too.

SWScouter

As a youngster,

Lake Arrowhead Bighorn Camp (55)

Lake Arrowhead Northrop Village (56-63)

As a Scout,

Camp Whittsett (65, 66)

Camp Chawanakee (67, 68)

As an adult,

Lost Pines Scout Reservation (01, 02)

Spanish Peaks Scout Reservation (03)

Buffalo Trails Scout Reservation (04)

• 2 weeks later...

As a Scout-

Cub Scout/Webelos-

Goshen, VA (1976)

Boy Scout-

Transatlantic Council -Camp Freedom, Germany (1978-79)

Calcasieu Area Council -Camp Edgewood, LA (1980-83)

Scouter-

Cascade Pacific Council- Cub World, Scouters Mountain, OR (2001-02, 04)

Camp Kalsu, Iraq (non Scouting camp..but an adventure none the less) (2003-2004)

Cascade Pacific Council- Camp Clark (2004)with the Webelos den.

Cascade Pacific Council- Camp Meriwether (2004)with my Troop.

This year will be Cascade Pacific Council- Camp Cooper.

Jerry

In a bit of irony, I've never gone to a boy scout camp for a summer session. My troop always did our own week long camp every summer.. but I have worked at one for the past 7 summers.

Camp Frank Rand, NM

we might not have the newest facilities, but our program is tried and true, and the staff have proven themselves the best every year!!! Seriously, if you like adventure, come to Frank Rand in mid-july!! 3 years ago we had a huge flood, and the year after that we actually evacuted beacause a forest fire was too close. Each time though, the staff proved their mettle. (we set up "camp" in the high school gym of the nearest town and did everything we could to complete everything, even going to a climbing gym and a local pool) But hey, I might be just a little biased :-D

-Curtis :-D