Where to buy an embroidered blanket for patches

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Melissa R

Melissa R

• Members
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 03:35 PM

Hi all - this is my first post, so I hope I'm choosing the right forum to post this is. My son is currently a Webelo I, and I have decided that I'd like to get a nice blanket to put all of his patches on. I see that BSA sells a patch blanket, but it looks like it's made out of the same material as the patch vest, and I just don't like the feel of that. However, I like the fact that it is embroidered. So does anyone know of someplace else to get a nice (fleece maybe?) red blanket for patches? I'd especially like to be able to order it with either a scout-related embroidered design or personalized embroidery (maybe his name). Thanks in advance, and I hope this was ok to post here.

#2 moxieman

moxieman

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 07:32 PM

If this is what you want, then grab the phonebook and look-up embroidery/silk-screening companies in your area. Many have the equipment to put just about anything on anything these days including a Boy Scout logo (whether or not this is legal to do) on a blanket.

#3 WDleader

WDleader

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 05 October 2006 - 08:04 PM

Look in your area sewing centers, some of them are carrying scouting related fleece material. Robert L. DeWitt Assistant Scoutmaster Troop 12 Chickasaw District Georgia Carolina Council I used to be a good ole Bear SR-691

#4 Gonzo1

Gonzo1

• Members
  • 1097 posts

Posted 09 October 2006 - 10:58 PM

Many Army Navy surplus stores sell olive drab blanket that work well. There are not embroidered, but you could sew your son's patches to it.

#5 MaScout

MaScout

• Members
  • 225 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 02:39 AM

Our Scout office has embroidered fleece blankets...i think they are the same ones you are looking at in the catalog. They ARE fleece...not felt.

#6 henry87

henry87

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:20 PM

I think you can search from the net. Certain websites available. try them Henry

#7 jpstodwftexas

jpstodwftexas

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 03:59 PM

How Much are you willing to pay? I have a sewing Machine and an Embroidery Machine? :)

#8 MoritzScouting

MoritzScouting

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:41 AM

The Moritz Embroidery Works (an official BSA licensee) produces custom laser-etched and embroidered fleece blankets for Scouts and Scouters. These are perfect for sewing and displaying those extra patches you've collected over the years that don’t fit on a uniform.

See: http://www.moritzembroidery.com/

#9 MattHiggins

MattHiggins

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 07:52 PM

The blanket the Scout Store sells is nice. We have it and love it.

#10 cyclops

cyclops

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 07:22 PM

I agree with Moxieman. Find a blanket that you like and then have a one-off ebroidery shop to customize it. I used to do this to cool-weather jackets because the 'official' stuff just doesn't fit right. BSA isn't going to worry about something you don't sell and keep at home anyway.

#11 cyclops

cyclops

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 26 March 2016 - 07:23 PM

double post. How does this happen?

Edited by cyclops, 26 March 2016 - 07:23 PM.

#12 jpstodwftexas

jpstodwftexas

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:30 AM

double post. How does this happen?

Hiccups 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

IPB Skin By Virteq