Fees at high adventure bases?

The troop I'm in has started a high adventure planning scheme where the boys choose 3-4 possible adventures for 3 years hence and the parents decide which of the 3-4 adventures they will support (Read: pay/fundraise for). In order for the parents to make an informed decision, I need approximate fees for the national high adventure bases. I have a fee schedule for Seabase ($435-$500 for most adventures) but need to know:

How much is a typical trek at Philmont (Minus travel)?

How much is a typical voyage at Northern Tier (Minus travel)?

• 4 weeks later...

From Wisconsin, our council troop for Philmont in 2001 is estimated at $650. I think that includes roundtrip bus travel. I would recommend including costs of some of the necessary equipment such as a frame backpack, lightweight sleeping bag, and lightweight sleeping pad in your estimates for the scouts and parents, if your scouts do not already have that type of equipment.

• 4 weeks later...

Our unit is being charged $225.00 per participant for a 10 day trek at Philmont the summer of 2001. This of course excludes the cost of getting there. We are anticipating a total cost per participant of up to $1,000.

• 3 weeks later...

Philmont fees for 2001 are $395.00. Our council contingent is charging $720 each, which includes the Philmont fee, Amtrak and bus transportation from the Milwaukee area to Philmont, all meals there and back, plus a hat, shirt and patches. The council also makes all the arrangements and handles administrative details.

For 2002 the contingent fee is estimated at $800 because we anticipate that both Philmont and Amtrak will raise their fees.

In 2000 our fee was $650. Other nearby councils charge more than $1,000, but include an extra day of sight-seeing plus some equipment.

• 3 weeks later...

I have to correct my previous statement. The total fee for our crew's twelve days at Philmont, including ten days on the trail, will also be $395. The smaller amount I cited earlier is just what we have already paid. The balance will be due in April. We still anticipate a total cost for everything of about $1000 per participant.